Saturday 24 January 2015

So here goes...

Photography Tip #1


*says to ones-self* Ok then, so here goes.

Ok, so on today's post, I will be covering the basics, I.E: Things to do before setting out on your photoshoot.

Before setting out on your photoshoot!

  • Normally before you set out, it is usually best to set your camera to shoot in RAW format rather than JPEG. Yes, the files will be considerably larger but the image quality of a RAW file is far more superior than the image quality of that to a JPEG. (Now personally I NEVER use the JPEG format as I use Adobe Photoshop to edit my images) 
  • When ever you are setting out on a shoot and your SD card has images on it that you have already saved onto your computer or external harddrive, remember to format your card instead of just deleting photos off it. You find the ''format'' option from the setup tab in your cameras menu. (This will make sure that any camera-specific data is written to the card and it reduces the risk of data loss)
  • Make sure you have all the essential accessories (refer to list below)
    • Memory cards (make sure you have a selection of memory cards aka SD cards or Compact Flash cards as having enough memory is vital!)
    • Spare battery(ies) (having one or more of these charged is another essential as you never have to have a break from taking photos)
    • Protective filter(s) for your lenses (I personally suggest you invest in buying a couple of these (don't worry they are affordable) especially a screw on UV one as they protect your camera lenses without adversely affecting the images you take.
    • Camera bag Now one of these is very handy! This isn't just for carrying your camera and lenses around with you whilst on a shoot, but it's also a great storage item for your camera when your at home!
    • Tripod An absolute must!! Especially when you want to capture pin-sharp, blur-free images.
These are the few tips that I go over every time I go out on a photoshoot, whether it be still objects, people etc. I tend to double check I have everything but I also make sure that I am prepared the night before so that there is no last minute rushes.

I hope that today's blog post has guided you in the right direction and I look forward to writing tomorrows post on ISO, Aperture (Depth of field) and Shutter Speed explained.

Lots of love
Charliie 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment